The last time a USA Powerball jackpot of this size was won was in March when the jackpot was approaching $300 million. This is the year's second largest USA Powerball payout.
This winning ticket was sold on Saturday, the same day as the draw took place. The winning combination was 44 - 52 - 54 - 64 - 69 and the Powerball number was 26.
The winner will have the choice of claiming the prize over the course of a few years, or they will be able to choose the cash option of $196 million.
There was also a ticket sold in Puerto Rico that matched all five lucky numbers to win a $1 million payout. In total there where over 780,000 winning tickets sold for this draw.
Below are the five biggest ever USA Powerball jackpots:
1. $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: with winning tickets sold in California, Florida, Tennessee.
2. $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: purchased in Wisconsin.
3. $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: sold in Massachusetts.
4. $730 million, Jan. 20: ticket purchased in Maryland.
5. $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: two winning tickets sold in New York and Iowa.
Register your free account today and you'll be able to get six plays in the Mega Millions Syndicate for as little as $1. That's right, six chances to win millions for only $1.
Along with playing for million dollar payouts, you'll also be able to claims loads of free bonuses before playing. Click below to register your account now to get your hands on all of our sign up bonuses today!